Adobe Photoshop

Hey Guys.
Kirsty here, creating a blog on what is my program of choice, Adobe Photoshop! It has been my primary medium to create a lot of my images and illustrations, you can never stop learning and discovering different sequences of effects that you can use to create artistic masterpieces.


Most people have a basic knowledge of the main function of photoshop and what you can create on it. So I will be giving you my personal opinions on what makes it so great, and maybe some things you wern't so aware of..

Why Did I Choose Adobe PhotoShop?

Adobe PhotoShop is renowned for it's versatility. When I first discovered the world of Design I wasn't sure which path I was going to go down so PS's freedom seemed welcoming. I am continually amazed by how you can never stop learning about PhotoShop, which makes it appealing to those at any level of Design. It didn't take me very long to pick up a wide knowledge of different effects and techniques which you can then apply and mix up to create your desired final piece.
Photoshop can be used by anyone with a sense of creativity and exploration.


You can change the brush size by pressing the bracket keys repeatedly. 
There are many keyboard shortcuts to make your time using PhotoShop easier and less stressful. It pays to spend a few minutes researching these, they will soon become a big part of your PhotoShop routine.

Set your Units of Measurement to pixels
Get to know your Units of Measurements!  If your graphics are only going to be viewed online then it helps to have your guidelines snap to pixels.

Use the sharpen tool on photos
Play around and find out what works best when you resize a picture. You want all of your final pieces to look crisp so when photo manipulating you should take all aspects into consideration from the start.
  
The shift key to constrain portions while resizing/stretching
Hold it while you drag.

Ok so if you were ever on the fence about using PhotoShop, I hope this has motivated you to do so. It comes in handy almost constantly and has everything your designing needs require in one place.

@gencdo

No comments:

Post a Comment